In addition to full-time Make-A-Wish® East Tennessee staff, our chapter benefits from the time, talents, and resources of volunteer community leaders responsible for strategic governance oversight, fundraising support, and advisory services that help ensure that we are operating as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our chapter relies on the support of companies and individuals in the communities that we serve, so these individuals also ensure that Make-A-Wish East Tennessee remains connected to and active in business and civic arenas throughout our territory.
The Make-A-Wish East Tennessee Board of Directors ensures that we are operating according to the highest standards of brand and financial stewardship and that the chapter is focused on granting more and better wishes every year.
Our Board of Directors assumes a varied set of duties and responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Setting strategic governance priorities and monitoring chapter performance benchmarks
- Local policy setting
- Selection and evaluation of new board members and the chief executive
- Approving and monitoring budgets
- Fundraising support and fiscal stewardship
- Legal oversight
- Other duties as needed or established by the board